No-Flush Urinals Provide...
- Total Water Conservation as they function on gravity flow and use absolutely no water. No-Flush urinals resemble conventional wall-hung fixtures, but do not require a water supply or flush valve. They connect to standard 50mm drain lines. Waterless No-Flush urinals are easily retrofitted in existing rest room installations.
- Elimination of Urinal Odors because urine is isolated from the rest room atmosphere. The Eco Trap, a special drain insert, contains a layer of BlueSeal liquid that floats on top of the urine in the trap and forms a barrier against sewer vapor escape. This Eco Trap barrier is more sanitary than the pool of diluted urine that seals the conventional urinal drain.
- Better Hygiene because Waterless urinals are both dry and flushless. Bacteria require water to live. Dry surfaces are hostile to bacteria. Flushing fixtures are known to spread bacterial aerosols, which then seed nearby wet and damp spots to form new growths. Hygiene is thereby greatly improved by installing No-Flush urinals. Additionally, the No-Touch feature is accomplished with NO flushometer.
- Reduced Maintenance from flush valve repairs, encrustations, plugged drains, overflows, and vandalism. There are no moving parts! Custodial maintenance is similar to or less than conventionally flushed fixtures.
- Drastic Cost Savings by eliminating water and sewer charges. Installation costs are generally less than for conventional fixtures. Payback periods for No-Flush retrofits are usually one to three years.
- Participation in Public Incentive Programs using rebates and vouchers. Current programs utilize WATERLESS No-Flush urinals to conserve water supplies, to lower sewer plant loadings, and to mitigate new building construction in situations with restricted capacities or moratoriums.